Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 2

Well I survived week 2 of training. Still doing 2 miles a day. I did run outside for the first time in while on Saturday and it was a struggle. I ran 3 miles at the park and it was a lot harder than running on the treadmill. I think I need to spend more time running outside so I get used to it, but I really like having the TV to keep me occupied at the YMCA. 

On the bright side I did have my first fundraiser. I held a bake sale at work and asked for donations. I think over all it went pretty well. People were very surprised that I was the one doing the running.. tell me about it.. but mostly supportive.  Here is a picture of me and the spread of desserts.  Overall I raised about $133 which is more than what I started with so I'm calling it a success. 



Tomorrow we have a shoe and apparel clinic at a local running store. I am very excited about this because I majorly need new shoes. The ones I have now are okay, but they hurt my feet after about a mile. Plus what girl doesn't want new shoes!!? I will post pictures of the new kicks and digs I get. The goal is to "look" like a runner when this is all over. Here's to hoping... 

No comments:

Post a Comment