Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lets Rock 'n' Roll!

That is exactly what I texted my friend/co-worker Kelly when I decided to sign up for my first half marathon. Kelly ran the Go! St. Louis Half Marathon in April and somehow convinced me that I too could do such a thing. For those of you who really know me and my philosophy on running which is "I only run when I am being chased", the thought of me running a half marathon is out of the realm of my comfort zone. I also must say that watching me run is comedic. I am not a runner by any means. So why not make the most of this experience and  do something on my bucket list while improving the lives of others. That is why I signed up to run with Team In Training.


Team In Training provides coaching and training assistance to people just like me all over the country that have pledged to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's research and patient services programs. I have committed to raise $1,500.00 and run 13.1 miles in the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon on October 21, 2012. This blog is to document my ups and downs of this adventure and I am happy to have you along for the ride as a reader and motivator.  Here we go.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment