Monday, July 30, 2012

Re-commitment Time


Last week we received our recommitment packet. This has all the forms for the race entry, Inspiration dinner, fundraising commitment, and hotel information. I first signed up for the Rock N Roll with TNT back in April and must say I am more committed to it as it gets closer. I am starting to realize the reason for the run.

It’s not about me. It’s not about the aches and pains, the early morning training sessions, or the million other reasons I try and come up with to not get my miles in for the day.  This is something so much bigger. It’s about little girls like Claire, our honored teammate.





 It’s for all the kids and adults that have been or will be affected by the terrible C word.  While I wish I was a doctor that could discover the cure for all Cancers, I know that isn’t in my cards. Running and raising money that will directly impact the lives of millions is the best I can do to get us one step closer to finding a cure.

This weekend was my first long run with some of my team members. It was a great experience and I hope to make it to more of the team runs. Getting up at 5:15 a.m. to start running at 6:30 a.m. wasn’t my ideal Saturday morning. However, it was a beautiful morning and was so nice to hear the birds chirping and seeing other people out on their bikes. I ran 6.12 miles and was proud of myself for completing it.

I have 12 more weeks until the race. I hope that you will continue to follow me and cheer me on and help me with my journey by donating to my fundraising page.




Thank you for going on this journey with me..lets keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment